Designation : Designer
Location : Reston, Va
A designer plays a key role in a IT company. Using elements like typography, illustration, photography and layouts, a designer always has an extremely creative mind that can absorb visual trends and deploy them in fresh and exciting ways. Our Creative and Design team know all there is to know about design roles, the leading agencies businesses where you can excel and howe to get you the very best opportunity.
Most designers will possess knowledge and skill in the following software packages:
Communication is an important part of the job, as designers work with both management and clients to formulate campaigns that meet specific objectives. The professional opinion of a designer is highly sought after during the construction of campaigns, so the confidence to guide people effectively is often required.
Each designer’s role varies from employer to employer, but common activities include:
· Staying up to date with industry trends to keep ahead of competitors
· Producing consistently excellent visual work
· Producing a host of ideas, selecting the best ones and selling them to the other members of the team and to clients
· Encouraging others to share their ideas and nurturing creativity
· Communicating productively with management and clients to keep them up-to-date with project milestones
· Creating direction for projects and guiding team members
A designer needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities. These include:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A full and fluent knowledge of current design tools and software
· Confidence to be bold with their work
· Industry experience in the design field
· The ability to meet deadlines
· A background of working well as part of a design team
· The ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts
Appteon culture supports a strong work life balance and offers a comprehensive benefit package, to include healthcare (medical, dental, vision and disability), 401k program and more.
Appteon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.