Junior Web Developer
Designation : Developer
Location : Reston, VA
Your role as an entry-level web developer entering the programming field includes training to write and test code and using software development frameworks and methodologies. The developer will be responsible for managing Appteon’s WordPress website, leading website builds, implementing new design features, and assisting with all aspects of website and application design. The candidate should have a graphic design background with experience creating graphics, tables, charts, and infographics in software such as Adobe.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Collaborate with other developers and engineers to design, build, and maintain applications
- Design a wide variety of digital and physical outreach materials, including but not limited to email campaigns, brand assets, flyers, presentations, social media images, and website graphics.
- Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, and other relevant design tools.
- Under the direction of contract teams, you will lead the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions for the Appteon site
- Assists with the management and integration of Appteon’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Provide support for multiple Appteon teams as necessary
- Write and debug code when necessary
- Troubleshoot website issues
- Works on minor bug issues
- Conducts development tests
- Attends daily developer meetings and standups
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to inform system design
- Resolve systems integration issues
- Present and explain technical material to senior Appteon developers
- Meticulous attention to detail and an analytical skillset when problem-solving
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, computer science, software engineering, or a related field